Production Planner. A Newport based electronics engineering manufacturer are looking for a Production Planner to join the team to transform and drive the production process with solid planning processes and tools. Working within the materials and planning team the Production planner will be responsible for defining the production plan that ensure the site tactically executes to maximise On Time Delivery for all customers. In this role the production planner will have the initial task of reviewing current planning processes and implementing the necessary changes to optimise the planning execution.
The Production Planner core requirements include:
- Responsible for translating the demand into a coherent production plan that delivers >97% On time in full for the site
- Lead the implementation of new planning processes, ensuring these are embedded within the organisation with the support of the Operations Director
- Working with the Production Manager ensure adherence to the plan and discipline in ERP transactions
- Defining the best planning tools to use within the current ERP system and working with the necessary teams automate reporting and metrics to demonstrate daily adherence to plan
- Drive lean improvements, in conjunction with the Lean Engineer, that transforms the executional model
- Continually improve and refine processes to work towards world class execution standards
The Production Planner required skills are:
- Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Experience of MRP/ERP systems and implementing Production Planning processes within a medium volume high mix environment
- Ideally from an Electronics assembly/SMT background but other industries (Such as Automotive) will also be considered.
The Production Planner salary is £25-30k + benefits
Proactive People recruitment is an employment agency and employment business