HSE Manager / H&S Manager
A Newport based Electronics firm are looking for a HSE Manager / H&S Manager to be responsible for developing Health, Safety and Environmental standards, and ensuring that they are embedded within the organisation. The HSE Manager will be responsible for setting the strategic framework for the management of these standards and for defining and delivering against objectives that enable both the achievement of these standards and continuous improvement. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will be a site leader for a level 1 site with additional responsibility for HSE oversight for two sub regional level two TT sites for 20% of the role.
The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will be responsible for directing and providing health and safety program oversight across the site for 80% of the role. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will monitor and document the effectiveness of safety control measures used throughout the site and direct and coach the site Management team in the implementation of the Corporate Health and Safety Programs.
The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will be a point of contact for all HSE professionals and Operational Managers for level two sub regional sites for HSE assistance and guidance. Ensure strong two-way communication is in place to cascade as well as raise HSE concerns/ improvements. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and additional HSE support when needed to the sub regional level two Operational Leaders and HSE site professionals for 20% of your role. This will include but not limited to internal audits and recommendations on the health, safety and environmental management systems to ensure assurance to OHSAS and ISO certification, regulatory compliance to corporate, Health and Safety Executive and Local Authorities. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will act as a HSE Liaison where required for level two sites with external stakeholders and external agencies. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will provide internal training support and coaching for procedure implementation and continuous improvement as required to ensure global HSE programs are implemented. The HSE Manager / H&S Manager will also be attending the TT Global HSE Council to represent the sub region and to support the VP HSE in continuous improvement of global HSE programs and standards and to represent all sub regional sites.
The HSE Manager will have:
- strong leadership experience in an HSE management role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HSE legislation, guidance and best practice.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in the implementation of external management systems ISO and OHSAS.
- 3 – 5 years in an HSE management role, with an industrial background.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to influence colleagues at all levels to drive change.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively manage relationships with people inside and outside of the organisation.
- Strong role model with the ability to influence a positive HSE culture across all levels of the organisation.
- Effective team working and relationship building skills.
- The ability to work at all levels across the organisation and have demonstrable experience in a similar role
The HSE Manager / H&S Manager salary is between £35k to 45k pa + benefits
Proactive People recruitment is an employment agency and employment business