Project Support Engineer
Project Support Engineer. A London based client is looking for a Project Support Engineer to work on a six month fixed term contract, which may turn into a permanent position for the right candidate, if all goes well. The Project Support Engineer will be involved in IT and telecoms equipment movement, so decommissioning and recommissioning of equipment across various London sites for large organisations. The Project Support Engineer will work within a project team delivering dynamic, time pressured projects in a client facing environment.
The Project Support Engineer main responsibilities include:
- Assisting with sites de- and recommissioning (IT equipment)
- Completing site surveys (IT set-up and comms rooms/comms cab related)
- Assisting with installation of IT equipment/kit
- Supervising cabling works (data and electrical)
- Ensuring Quality Assurance is properly documented
- Ensuring HSE is adhered to at all times and documented
- Documenting floor plans
- Managing the work flow to ensure projects run efficiently and timely
- Liaising with site contact to ensure disruption of local services is limited
- Communicating with IT service desks as appropriate
- Liaising with/supervise contractors whilst on site
- Completing required forms/documentation
- Regularly giving feedback progress to Project Manager Ensuring the safety of the Team whilst on site and administer First Aid if required (First Aid training will be provided).
The Project Support Engineer will need:
- Good customer-facing skills
- Possess excellent communication skills and be able to work unsupervised
- Demonstrate good organisational abilities and have outstanding time management
- Be a motivated individual with a 'can do' attitude
- Be required to use a laptop on site to create, work on and send documents
- Have a basic understanding of, or be willing to learn about, cabling and IT
- Have a basic understanding of, or be willing to learn about, desktop build/functionality and of telephony systems
- Have experience working in/a good understanding of an environment where HSE is critical
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Demonstrate good problem solving abilities
- Be willing to work on a variety of projects and across our client base
- Be willing to move across various sites within the London area
The Project Support Engineer will need to start on 24th February, or very close to it.
This is a full time Monday to Friday position, mainly normal office hours.
The Project Support Engineer salary is £30k (pro rata)
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business