Lead QA Analyst
Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester. A Chippenham based IT solution provider is looking for a Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester to join the team. The Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester’s role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the company’s exciting cloud based health integration services. You will have experience of working in a DevOps environment, ideally with a drive towards continuous delivery and test automation, including assurance of both bespoke software products and cloud platforms.
This will include engagement from an early stage with stakeholders e.g. customers, DevOps, Developers and our Services Team, to understand the functionality of the products, resulting in ownership of all QA activities, including ensuring appropriate test coverage, improved or new test plans and test scripts. A particular focus on automation is required to enable tracking of defects and fixes in software application development, information systems, and cloud platforms.
The QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of our products and services.
The QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester responsibilities:
- Support for software development project work and internal projects.
- Advice and guidance demonstrating an understanding of business issues.
- Production of test criteria, conditions and automation scripts for all types of testing.
- Undertaking testing as directed.
- Analysis and reporting of testing activities.
- Liaison with customer test teams.
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT systems and projects across the organisation.
- Strong team leadership and building effective teams
- Ensure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
- Provide focus and guidance on direction of automation and ensure a high level of test coverage.
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Collaborate with software/DevOps personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods.
- Drive improvements of applications to software developers or Technical Leads.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Analyse formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
The Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester will need the following skills:
- Test Execution primarily with use of automated tools, analysis and reporting of test results
- Test strategy development, creation of test plans and specifications.
- Production of Test Scenarios and Scripts, test data definition and management.
- A degree ideally with IT/scientific content
It’s desirable that the Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester will have the following skills:
- TestRails, TeamCity
- Bitbucket and Atlassian Stack
- XML, SOAP, ebXML
- Apache JMeter
- Azure, Kubernetes
- Experience with Java and .NET test frameworks (e.g. TestNG, Mockito, Selenium, Geb/Spock, xunit, nunit, moq, autofixture)
The Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester will need the following experience:
- Working within an Agile methodology.
- Experience with TDD and User Stories.
- Working within PRINCE 2 methodology.
- IT application testing, including automated testing.
- Experience of writing Technical Documentation.
- Experience of working within a Quality System.
The Lead QA Analyst / Test Analyst / Tester salary is up to £46k depending on experience plus benefits and training
Proactive People is an employment agency and employment business